On August 18th 2017 the Palau National Olympic Committee (PNOC) officials visited Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee (CTOC) in Taipei, Taiwan. The delegation was led by Mr. Frank Kyota, President (PNOC), Frida Delmau, Treasurer (PNOC Board), Baklai Temengil, Secretary General (PNOC) and Marcy Andrew, Administrative Assistant (PNOC).
During their visit, PNOC and CTOC signed a Bilateral Cooperation Agreement to further develop cooperation based upon mutual respect and sovereign equality, and with the intention to fortify the amicable relationship between sportsmen and sportswomen of both countries. The agreement will promote understanding between the Palau National Olympic Committee and the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee on the following:
- Develop their relationships in the field of sport for the good of both countries and maintain the principles of their mutual advantages.
- Share the international information of the Olympic Movement.
- Full communication and cooperation in the consistent application of fair-play principles at all levels of sports activities in which they participate.
- Encourage the planned development of athlete and coach exchanges between the
- National Sports Federations of both countries for participation in bilateral and
- multilateral competitions.
- Conformity of the international fight against doping.
- Elaborate in separate exchanges, including but not limited to the following:
– Exchange of visits and joint-training between the senior, junior national teams of two
– Exchange of visits between officials, staff
– Exchange and cooperation of coach training
– Exchange in medical science and anti-doping
– Exchange of information
– Exchange of Marketing knowledge and information
– Cooperation of the exchange between the National Olympic Academies
– Cooperation to the exchange between the provincial, club teams of two countries
The Agreement was signed on 20th August 2017 by Frank Kyota, PNOC President and Mr. Hong – Dow LIN, CTOC President and remains in effect until 31st December 2021.
The Palau National Olympic Committee would like to thank the Republic of China (Taiwan), H.E. Michael Y. K. Tseng, Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary of the Embassy of R.O.C. (Taiwan) to the
Republic of Palau and the R.O.C (Taiwan) Ministry of Foreign Affairs for all the travel arrangements and made this trip possible and successful. [/restrict]