The annual event is a popular event for many because of the location and the timing being in the Philippines before the holiday season.
The event is attended annually by many Palauans representing various entities that have investments in market. The event is referred to by some as “junket” but others see it as a necessary educational event for many with responsibilities over public funds.
This year, the event features four different accredited trainings aimed at educating people with roles or responsibilities over invested public funds.
Entities in the Republic of Palau with funds invested in the stock markets include Pension Plan, Social Security Administration, Koror State Government, Palau Community College, Palau Community Action Agency, Palau National Telecommunications Corporation, Palau Public Utilities Corporation and Ngaraard State Government as well as the national government Compact Trust Fund.
The event is usually attended by 30 or more attendees from Palau each year.
The annual Pacific Region Investment Conference is envisioned to be the premier investment conference in the region. Through this medium, Asia Pacific Association for Fiduciary Studies (APAFS) links training with regional understanding.
The Association exists to provide educational forums with the uniqueness of being regionally focused. Bridging Wall Street to the Asia Pacific region, providing members with meaningful educational forums that cover the most current and fundamental understanding of their roles as fiduciaries, focusing on regional specific issues and needs. It means providing members with current developments pertaining to the relevant tools needed to measure performance of investment managers, investment consultants and other service providers. Furthermore, with the Pacific Region Investment Conference (PRIC), APAFSserves as a regional resource for “Best Practices” and industry developments, as well as providing valuable networking opportunities with other fiduciaries from the region.
More than a sharing of knowledge and experiences, the Conference essentially becomes a venue for the recognition and appreciation of the richness of the cultures and practices that are unique to the Asia Pacific region.
2016 Asia Pacific Association Fiduciary Studies Members List:
- American Samoa Community College
- Chuuk State HealthCare Plan
- College of Micronesia – FSM
- College of Micronesia – Land Grant
- College of the Marshall Islands
- Commonwealth Ports Authority
- Diving Seagull
- Enewetak Atoll Local Government
- Federated States of Micronesia Development Bank
- Federated States of Micronesia Finance & Administration
- Federated State of Micronesia Petroleum Corporation
- Federated States of Micronesia Social Security Administration
- Federated States of Micronesia Telecommunications Corporation
- Government of Guam Employee’s Retirement Fund
- Guam Community College
- Kiribati Provident Fund
- Koror State Legislature
- Kosrae Utilities Authority
- Leo Etscheit Foundation and Memorial Fund
- Marianas Public Land Trust
- Marshall Islands Development Bank
- Marshall Islands National Telecommunications Authority
- Marshall Islands Social Security Administration
- Marshalls Energy Company
- Mesenieng Credit Union
- Micronesia Conservation Trust
- National Development Bank of Palau
- Ngaraard State Government
- Northern Marianas College Foundation
- Palau Civil Service Pension Plan
- Palau Community College
- Palau Conservation Society
- Palau National Communications Corporation
- Palau National Congress, Senate
- Palau National Government, Ministry of Finance
- Palau Social Security Administration
- Pohnpei Port Authority
- Protected Areas Network Fund
- Republic of Palau COFA Trust Fund
- Satawal Trust Fund
- Small Business Guarantee & Finance Corp
- University of Alaska
- University of Guam
- University of Guam Endowment Foundation
- Utrik Atoll Local Government
- Vanuatu Agriculture Development Bank
- Yap State Public Service Corp
Sources: http://www.apafs.org/sec.asp?secID=1 http://islandtimes.org/16th-annual-pacific-region-investment-conference-to-be-held-in-manila/ [/restrict]