Koror State Legislator Felix Francisco

Former police officer and current Koror State Legislator Felix Francisco was charged last Thursday on one count of Trafficking A Controlled Substance- Methamphetamine and one count of Possession of One Gram of Controlled Substance- Methamphetamine. Both are felony charges.
The arrest and arraignment of Mr. Francisco ensued from an ongoing case involving a crate sent from the Philippines and addressed to his employee Teddy Teodoro, found to contain the highest amount of the drug methamphetamine or (ice) ever confiscated in Palau in a single bust, a total of 500 grams of methamphetamine crystals in four canisters stored inside a wooden crate. The drug street value is estimated at $2.5 million dollars.
According to police affidavits, in March of this year, police was alerted to possible drug shipment from Customs agents. They reported that a crate addressed to an employee of Mr. Francisco was suspicious and upon opening it, found 4 canisters containing what was tested positive for methamphetamine. The items were taken out to reduce the chances of getting released into the public and small amount was replaced for tracking purposes.
Mr. Teodoro picked up the crate from Customs and Narcotics Enforcement Agency (NEA) agents tracked it to Mr. Francisco’s residence. Upon arriving, they found that the crate has been taken apart by two Philippino employees of Mr. Francisco. One of the officers noticed Mr. Francisco with an item in his hands, and according to police report, when asked what it was, Mr. Francisco placed a plastic Ziploc on the table which contained crystalline substance that was tested positive for methamphetamine.
Mr. Francisco’s employee reported to the NEA agents that he was “pressured” by his employer to pick up the crate. Mr. Teodoro has also been charged for Trafficking of Controlled Substance – Methamphetamine and awaiting trial.
Report said Mr. Francisco voluntarily went to NEA and gave “very little information” to the agents but wanted to speak to his employees. Report said he left when he was told they were being interviewed.
He was arraigned on Friday and the court imposed minimum bail of $50,000 cash. He pled not guilty to both charges and is currently in jail pending either payment of his bail or a speedy trial which is set for July 16, 2021. (By: L.N. Reklai)

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *