The Belau National Museum is the recipient of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Program entitled Education Campaign for Migratory Birds in Palau. This 2-year project aims to increase awareness of migratory birds and to garner support for protection of the Northern Peleliu Lkes. The Belau National Museum (BNM) established a partnership with Kaudiais to assist with the awareness campaign. A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) was signed by Vernie Ngiraked, President of Kaudiais and Director Olympia E Morei-Remengesau, Director of the Belau National Museum on June 24, 2020 at the Belau National Museum. Kaudiais agreed to assist with the educational campaign as follows:
• Inform the Peleliu communities of meetings and field trips
• Participate in community meetings and field trips
• Distribute educational materials to the Peleliu community
• Assist with overall logistics for the project
The BNM agreed to:
• Provide funding support of the amount of $5,000tosupportthisproject
• Provide other technical assistance and information requested by Kaudiais and deemed appropriate by Kaudiais representative.