5 Awardees to Receive $2,000 Each PLUS Paid Summer Internship
January 23, 2017 – Hagatna, Guam. Since 2012, Bank of Guam has offered graduating high school students the opportunity to earn a $2,000 scholarship to attend college, supplemented by a paid Bank of Guam summer internship. The Bank has paid out $50,000 since the scholarship was offered in its 40th year.
In commemoration of its 45th anniversary, Bank of Guam is pleased to announce that applications are now available for its 2017 IFIT Scholarship Program, which makes $2,000 available to five (5) graduating high school seniors to attend a U.S. accredited four year college or university. The scholarship also includes a paid summer internship at the Bank’s branches.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- Reside in Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or San Francisco, California;
- Be high school seniors, Class of 2017 (copies of transcripts and SAT and/or ACT scores required);
- Submit application by March 11, 2017 to Bank of Guam, ATTN: Communications Department;
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation, two (2) from a teacher or administrator from the student’s high school and one (1) from a reference of choice; and
- Submit answers to three (3) essay questions (please see brochure for additional rules), and a one minute video clip about the applicant.
The scholarship will be available for use at any 4 year U.S. accredited college or university. Up to ten (10) semifinalists will be selected by April 2017 and will then be required to submit additional documents, including an acceptance letter to a U.S. accredited four year college or university. The final five recipients will be announced by June 2017.
Applications are available online at www.bankofguam.com, at all Bank of Guam branches, Customer Service Department in Hagatna Branch and the Communications Department. They have also been distributed to local and neighboring island high schools.
Please contact Jackie Marati at (671) 472-5258, or firstname.lastname@example.org for any information. [/restrict]